Thursday, September 13, 2012

Favorite Spelling App

Spellosaur   Love it!
Every Monday, A (my fav girl) brings home a crisp white sheet with a new list of 15 spelling words.   As much as she loves me drilling her over and over and over, I knew that we would both grow tired of that in the matter of a few short weeks.   So, the quest began to find another (fun?) way to practice these.

I came across this app and have to say that I was not overly optimistic at first.   But, A's loved it, and it's made the mundane run through on the spelling words a little more fun.  We can also record our voices speaking her words, which A & T have had fun with as well.   The app walks you through 4 stages of learning the words, starting with sight words and graduating eventually to spelling it out.

T's actually started to use it as well, which has been a great start on sight words for him (starting his pre-K year).   My next door neighbor has started using it as well, and loves it.

Give it a spin - you can use the free version for up to 5 words to try it out!


No comments: