Thursday, September 13, 2012

Super...T

I've had a bunch of favorite moments with my favorite little guy this year.  I love that he still wants help getting dressed (most days) and that when we go for a walk he still grabs my hand nearly everytime.   I love it.  And I know I will miss this terribly when he gets a little bigger.  But for now, I treasure every little moment...including the one where he asked to change his name.   This was a few months ago, but it's stayed with me.   We were in the car, just me and him, driving home from something...
T:  Mom, can people change their names?
me:  Yeah, some times people change their names if they don't like them.   Why?
T:  I want to change my name. 
me:   Really?  I kinda like T.   What do you want to change it to? 
T:  I wanna be... (big dramatic pause, and then deep voice) BATMAN!  
(and he was very serious about it)

I love my little superhero. 
I'll miss these days...

No comments: